The main questions for many of you are:
– What is going to happen after march 29th 2019?
– Do I need to move to the UK as a UK resident before March 29th to be able to apply for settled and pre-settled status?
– If I move back, do I need to pay taxes in the UK?
– Can I move back and leave my family abroad?
– Will I be able to keep my job if I do not move back to the UK and work legally after January 31st 2020 if there is a hard Brexit?
I am sure there are many other questions around Brexit and Frontier Workers, settled and pre-settled status, tax and residency, and we will try and help each of you make the best available decision based on personal circumstances.
If you would like to apply for “Settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens and their families” we could help you assess your future tax and residency situation if you are considering returning to the UK before or after March 29th 2019.
There are many possible scenarios, depending on your personal circumstances, employment, assets and income in the UK and abroad. We could help you assess those option before march 29th 2019 and assist you through the process for tax purposes.
While applying for “Settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens and their families” may seem complex for ’Frontier Workers’, we could help you with the application and details regarding your personal situation as things develop.