Whether you are a Spanish citizen or not, there is a series of tax obligations that you must comply with. Here is a short informative tax guide:
- If the property is available to you all-year-long, you must include it in your annual tax return, considering its cadastral value.
- If you rent out the property and benefit from this business activity, you will still have to declare it yearly on your tax return, but the outcome of the latter will be determined by the application of a previously stipulated rate chart by the applicable Tax Agency.
You are under the obligation to produce an annual tax return to the Tax Agency only in the following scenarios:
- If the property is available to you all-year-long.
- If you rent out the property deriving no material benefit.
- If you rent out the property and you benefit from this activity, the Tax Agency requires a quarterly return from you.